Skip to main content

Quote unquote

'What I like about you is ur straight fowardness, u don't talk behind anyone's back (until you really can't tell in front of him or her), (like induja mam and many more people) and and and ur helping nature. and what I don't like about u is u argue so much, ur specks (I don't know why I don't like them) and of course ur bfs, they are the most disgusting people and disgrace on earth'


Context: While graduating from college some of us in class took the 'slam book' culture of school days and extended it to diaries. Where we gave it to friends and classmates so that they could write about you in it. I had (have) two such diaries. One for people whom I was friendly with (mainly classmates) and one for close friends. Whenever I come across this latter diary, I used to read one particular entry and who would have known that now, I cannot skip reading this entry every time I come across the diary. I just counted, the diary has only six entries. Two boys and four girls. I am no longer friends with one of the guys. And chose to not keep in touch with another. Out of the four girls, I am still in touch with all three and close friends with one, cordial with another and just recently decided to give up on one. Ideally, Mathur, Tai should have had entries in this (and Mahadev) but probably none of them wanted to write in it. And two other guys wrote in school slam book(I have no memory as to why I chose that for them). Of course, none of the seniors we were close to having entries in such diaries cause it was a final year thing.

I had some very nice classmates (even though Su and Tai would disagree). And Mahadev, well she dislikes most of the world so there is that. And with Mathur, it is a great thing she remembers us to date! 


What I like about such diaries is there bring back visual memories. As with the quote I started out this post with. There are parts of the entry that had upset me when they occurred (which my friend apologised for) and happy memories (which both she and I were grateful for). I am glad she wrote in this book because we didn't exchange notes or cards. We didn't write letters. I have this diary entry and a couple of emails from her which help me keep her memory alive. Apart from the photographs. There is something about the written word that makes a memory so much more real. (says the girl who loves photograph).

These entries also help me realise how much I am still the same person, how much I have changed and how I could do better. If you are reading this Daga, I still argue. Maybe not as much but more with some people than others. I still tend to drive the point home. But I guess age makes you sober in general? I honestly don't think I am that helpful of a person but you were always kind. You probably still will not like my glasses, although they are definitely better than what I wore in college (including the HP looking ones). And what can I say you had superior taste, I didn't realise that my 'bfs' were the most disgusting and disgrace on earth back then. I chose to look at the best in people. It has come to bite me in the back now. I wouldn't go to the extreme of using your adjectives but yes, that is close.

I miss you dear friend. I hope Kavya and you are doing well and watching over the world (while it is going up in flames/or to the dogs)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.