Skip to main content

The year that was post

Jan: Home. Su and Mr.Su, Al, D and Mr.D (and crying). Return of the midnight B'day. Being bossed around by dear Tai.
Feb: Hospitals, misreading tickets (And more crying)
March: Exam prep all the way. (Hence no memory of anything else)
April: Being called a horrible human being by a now ex-friend. And crying. Baby M turning one!
May: April showers bringing May flowers. Almost disowning a friend (who later happily proved me wrong, lets see how long that will stick)
June:G,N,Al,Dh making the day better.
July: Nothing stood out here. Ummm met Ir I think? (need to see personal diary)
Aug: Fils.Meeting FY with AJSO there.AJSO wonderful family. Meeting JVish. Visitor from home. Al graduating and leaving for home. Parcels sent.
Sep: Seeing baby D for the first time. Fighting with Shalu. Snapping at Tai. Mathur. Knowing but realising once again that some 'old friendships' last and some don't. Some carry on to the future and some aren't even worth staying in the past.
Oct: Tai, Su,Mathur. Good decisions made rather unintentionally you'll! AHC visiting India and the conversations. A good brunch where I made all the effort I could to keep positivity at the table (of the people I befriend!)
Nov: Speaking to BRS for a long long time on her B'day. Something I am no longer really capable of! Dh stayed with me and realised how horrible of a roommate I can be (I warned her okay?). Part time jobs!
Dec:  Vin visiting. AHC. A terrible white elephant at an unfortunate xmas party. A good Christmas eve and dinner. Ka+AHC+HP. I will miss them so much! But let us not think about it! A simple act (of apparently kindness).

The thanks to:
Friends who stick by no matter what. No matter the fights. No matter the tantrums and the madness. Who stick by through distances. (Including people who read this despite everything :) ).
A very very very special mention to AHC. For one act for helping me. And his friend DY who helped to! Sending you wonderful thoughts!
2018 Was a rather unspectacular year I would say. It had its highs. It had its lows. I did (do) feel that I didn't do anything worthwhile as per my standards but oh well I'll just try to do better this year. Smile and move forward. (Of course I am but only human so there will be the occassional tears and grief over people I have lost, because as I have come to accept loss isn't something that ever goes away.)

and finally 'Happy 2019 everyone!'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.