Happy Birthday dear one.
Hope you have an amazing year, with it being your last 'teenage' year.
How time flies. I hope I get to see you sometime and hope you have that kindness in your eyes you had as a child. As the child who start crying because I did. As the child who did his homework because I did mine. As a child who promptly stood at the wall where we measured his height, every few months he visited.
I believe in fate. I believe in destiny. We were destined to meet. But fate had it that we never stayed close. Just like most other familial bonds in my life. So while it does pull a few heartstrings, it does not leave me bitter. You can never do. You will be the first born of the house (even though a boy-child). You will be that kid I played with after coming home from school. The kid who brought only smiles for the longest time. I hope you do not remember any bitter memories of your childhood and grow up to be a wonderful human being. Even if I just watch from afar. That is my wish for you. Now and forever.
I love you.
Hope you have an amazing year, with it being your last 'teenage' year.
How time flies. I hope I get to see you sometime and hope you have that kindness in your eyes you had as a child. As the child who start crying because I did. As the child who did his homework because I did mine. As a child who promptly stood at the wall where we measured his height, every few months he visited.
I believe in fate. I believe in destiny. We were destined to meet. But fate had it that we never stayed close. Just like most other familial bonds in my life. So while it does pull a few heartstrings, it does not leave me bitter. You can never do. You will be the first born of the house (even though a boy-child). You will be that kid I played with after coming home from school. The kid who brought only smiles for the longest time. I hope you do not remember any bitter memories of your childhood and grow up to be a wonderful human being. Even if I just watch from afar. That is my wish for you. Now and forever.
I love you.
Comments