Being from a country where most movies have music and music is such an integral part of life, I do not care much for western 'musicals'. When I say musicals, I refer only to western musical movies. I do enjoy musical plays. And I am partial to certain western musicals mainly because of the nostalgia value attached to them. Such feelings of indifference often extend to movies even from the East Asia. That said, I do like a lot of OSTs from both the West and East. And one such OST I adore, even more after I have come to understand the lyrics is this particular song from a movie I was introduced to by a friend. (Incidentally, it is a movie from which a lot of scenes have been ripped of and used in Indian and probably even Western movies). It is from a movie called 'Classic'. While my soft spot for the movie has reasons beyond reason, this particular song remains with me even after all these years.
It does not make stop laughing at all the spoofs on it. And such spoofs do not make think less of the original situations of the movie.
For those who are interested, this is a decent translation of the song.
Comments