Skip to main content

Faith and other things

On faith:

There was a time when I had a blind faith in the goodness of people. 
But I have been pretty jaded. While I do try and see the good side of people and love them for it,
I no longer have that unwavering kind of faith in people. For such faith to an extent comes with expectations, and people don't live up to expectations. 
I have come to love people but no longer have faith in them. I love them for who they are but have no expectations. Even the closest ones, whom you've known all your life will break your faith. That is a fact. My faith in the higher power which has been a constant in my life has decreased. 

On having my back:

The other day, I closed my eyes and thought of people who had my back. Came down to two people. Used to be three, two from the family and one outside. But it is two. Its so important to have those people who have your back. And who assure you that they do in fact have your back. 

On expectations:
Living up to people's expectations is such a difficult thing. Especially when all you want is some understanding and you do not get that from them. That is my expectation of most people, to be understanding of my madness. I am whimsical but few people can deal with that.

On wanting to have a ctrl+alt+del button in life:

I want a button to delete certain people. memories and pain/happiness they have brought into my life. Cause the happiness makes me forget the pain, leading to giving people more chances and more disappointments and hurt.

On gifts:
A friend taught me something about materialistic gifts albeit unintentionally. Made me rethink my position on it, made me understand two others' probably perspective about it. I will still be a 'gifter' but not without remembering what the friend taught me.
Additionally, I wonder if materialistic gifts make people think they own you. 
I packed up one remnant gift, a poster which hung on my door for a little over a decade. Firstly, because of the memories, it brought with it. Secondly and more importantly, because I will put it up for someone else the next time. Not for me. That will make me work towards that goal.

On blue:

MichL is someone who has known my favourite colours because we are those kinds of friends. And sky blue is one of them favourites. I love that my room is blue. I love that my mosquito net is blue. And like the song, love is blue. The only other colour I can imagine for love is white. 

On friendships and relationships: 

I am going to make a very constant and conscious attempt at NOT making any more relationships or friendships this year. Not a new year resolution. Just a self-defence mechanism. If old ones last well and good. Otherwise too bad. Goals need to be concentrated upon. People will break your heart. Whether its friendships, crushes or just human interactions. All I need to do is smile, be kind and love with all my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.