Skip to main content

Oh Peds

I miss you so much. 
Our conversations about movies, about technology. Our eating at those ridiculous Gujju places. Our walks around (you are one of the few people in the world I have walked with). Your patience during all my shopping rounds (and bargaining)at Lokhandwala market. Your enthusiasm to try microwave recipes (desserts) and stuff me with them. Your excitement when I bought those regipallu which reminded you of your childhood. Our bets on Cricket match outcomes and performances of players. Your silent but stern anger. Your kindness. Your affection. You not just calling me your daughter but treating me like one too. I am very thankful for your presence in my life, while I was growing up. I am thankful that I spent all those summers with you (watching chalti ka naam gaadi and talking about Bombay's nooks and corners countless times). I remember you everytime I think of Bombay when I see people solve crossword puzzles, and see new Gujarati food places that open up. I think of you when I do computer jigsaw puzzles, here to Mehdi Hassan songs. I am grateful and will always be for you. I cannot imagine how Akka deals with not having you around but probably like I do, she thinks of you fondly. I hope that her son grows up to be a lot like you. Intelligent, logical, (albeit mildly indifferent) but a wonderful support system. Wherever you are, please know that you are still loved and thought about not just in the instances I mentioned here but many more. Your thought may bring a lump down my throat even though it has been four years, it ends with a smile. Always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.