I never get tired of some movies. Considering I've the number of times I've watched them.
A fifteen-year-old movie. I watched a year or so after it realised for the first time. And then several times in 2005. And have always gone back to it. Even blogged about it earlier.
Again *spoiler alert*. There are so many wonderful layers to this movie: the multilingual, the religious, the feminist, the romantic above all the humanistic. (Although it does have it sets of flaws which I will tell you if you ask me directly.)
Girl: Tell us how you met?
R: How did we first meet Meenakshi?
M: Right, in a bus.
---
Girl: Was it love at first sight?
R: Hardly!
----
R: Where did we go for our honeymoon Meenakshi?
M: Uh..um you tell.
---
R: We didn't need lamps then did we Meenakshi?
---
R: What does your husband do?
M: Why he is a wild life photographer. Didn't you know?
R: Right.
---
R: And yesterday, just because you gave me a name...something a husband gives a wife isn't it? ..Here I am, sitting and telling you all this
__________
One of the most endearing parts of Raja is how he uses Meenakshi's name while talking to her. So much. It is heartwarming (and at the same time heartbreaking in the context of the movie). But it got me thinking, I love it when people mention either a name or a nickname when talking to each other. Not like I dislike names not being used, just that it's endearing to use one's name this way.
A fifteen-year-old movie. I watched a year or so after it realised for the first time. And then several times in 2005. And have always gone back to it. Even blogged about it earlier.
Again *spoiler alert*. There are so many wonderful layers to this movie: the multilingual, the religious, the feminist, the romantic above all the humanistic. (Although it does have it sets of flaws which I will tell you if you ask me directly.)
Girl: Tell us how you met?
R: How did we first meet Meenakshi?
M: Right, in a bus.
---
Girl: Was it love at first sight?
R: Hardly!
----
R: Where did we go for our honeymoon Meenakshi?
M: Uh..um you tell.
---
R: We didn't need lamps then did we Meenakshi?
---
R: What does your husband do?
M: Why he is a wild life photographer. Didn't you know?
R: Right.
---
R: And yesterday, just because you gave me a name...something a husband gives a wife isn't it? ..Here I am, sitting and telling you all this
__________
One of the most endearing parts of Raja is how he uses Meenakshi's name while talking to her. So much. It is heartwarming (and at the same time heartbreaking in the context of the movie). But it got me thinking, I love it when people mention either a name or a nickname when talking to each other. Not like I dislike names not being used, just that it's endearing to use one's name this way.
Comments