I have been 'listening' to an old Telugu show while reading etc. And there is a character who sprouts words such as 'bourgeois', 'capitalist' etc. This was a very popular serial in its time. I started listening to it rather unintentionally, (I was listening to the title track initially and YouTube auto-played the first episode.) I thought I remembered the story pretty well but turns out that I remember only the story outline and not the details. I remember being fascinated by certain characters in the show. And the reason people at home watched it was because it was book both Ammamma and Amma read the book version of it. If you grew up in the nineties, and in a similar household you'd have a soft corner for all shows Doordarshan and that applies for this serial too. I am not sure I'll listen to the show up to the last episode but so far its been fun. (I'll probably try to stick to it to the original ending as per the book, the show went way beyond that storyline much to the disappoint of my mom and granny).
Again, if you were a kid growing up in the 90s you know the show I was talking about. Otherwise, too bad, keep guessing.
Comments