Skip to main content

The year that was post

J
I went to Bombay. Good old Bombay. A school friend visited me there along with her two year old notorious son. I even managed to make videos of him fussing (which I intend to embarrass him with when he grows older).  After this, I managed to visit even Delhi. Aah Delhi. It was good to catch up with department folk, hostel friends, my local guardian (such a joke :D) and two college-mates. Also managed to go to Lucknow (for a day) before I got back to good ol' Hyd. I managed to buy some new kurtis (If I only had clothes that I bought for myself I would have probably just about a suitcase full of them so this was a big deal).I had a quiet, contemplative birthday.

F
I lost my voice literally. I fell terribly sick and the infection made me lose my voice and caused a lot of frustration. For a talkative person who fights with her mom all the time, it was a terrible thing to happen.  And I went back. Went dancing at a friend's leap year party (which I do not do unless I am comfortable with people around me, the last time I danced like that in public was in the November of 2011). I love to dance (not many people know that I think). We danced at home every Christmas. But I don't like 'partying'. But this was a good balanced party with a ton of non or close to non drinkers and I had company to run of from the party relatively early.

M
Semester began (well technically it began on the last day of Feb but that was just a hi hello class). I had some very interesting classes. One about UNESCO cultural intangible heritage, another about my major. The latter one is where I made two friends whom I'm sure I'll be friends with in the future too. But sadly, both were exchange students and were around only for a semester.

A
I managed to invite almost everyone I knew (acquaintances and friends) to come have dinner with me to celebrate new years day. Sadly thought two friends could not make it (both who have a reputation of ditching me for appointments) but whom I like very dearly. I even managed to attend a local 'new year celebration' thingie but missed people whom I could actually relate to. Good thing I dragged a friend along.

M
I cannot remember much from May. Most probably because I did not have time to do much apart from work. Oh I did start teaching a person (which I had to abandon because I did not like all the personal questions I was getting). I helped a friend with handing out survey questionnaires which taught me that I should definitely avoid that with the same set of people. 

J
I moved. And it was dramatic not just because of this but because it was also the month where both my phone and computer crashed. My computer crashed the day I was supposed to submit my final paper for the semester (and the drama that followed). But well got most of my photographs and academic documents back so it was good. 

J
My roommate was not bad at all. We had a very 'mind own business' existence which suited me fine especially considering my previous roommate experiences. And most of my 'vacation' went in unpacking and repacking. I made a trip which I don't want to talk about but If I put it here and come back to it later,

A
I caught up with a random set of people from previous institute. (one of them was in June but rest Aug) but it wasn't bad at all. I will know what I did that summer.Went to the Indian independence day function which was alright. And well I moved (again).Lost two bags while moving (and found one). The new semester began with a lot of drama if I may add because I had to get three different permissions sorted out (all written). Two of my friends left for their home countries and I still miss them.

September
Yes, I stopped blogging because I was finding it distracting because I had way too much to say. We had a barbecue at our dorm which was nice because I got to interact with neighbours (who are mostly all from other countries).

O
A friend from the previous city came down to meet me and another friend. What a wonderful gesture it was. It was great to see him after over a year.I invited people over in different batches for dinners. I must say, I do love having people over but I do not think I will actively entertain people anymore because it takes a little too much of time and energy (and again can be distracting). 

N
I went to a mountain with a dear friend, fell three times and hurt my foot pretty badly. And I would have gone to class the next day (me being stupid me) but I was made to promise that I would not go if I didn't feel better. I don't make promises (something I stopped doing since I was ten) but this time I didn't have the heart to tell the person that small detail. But both the friend I went to the mountain with and the second person made me realise that I do in fact have friends in this place. And and and most importantly, the trip taught me '어쩔 수 없으면 할 수 있다'  (Roughly translated to:If it can't be helped, then it can be done). I also stopped a pastime I was doing weekly since May.

D
Played scrabble after four and half years (with one competitive friend and one absent minded friend) so the final result was a ridiculous set of words with even more ridiculous scores. The absent-minded friend left the country a few days later (but she is gonna be back next month now because she has a job for six months). It was also final submissions month for the semester, easily the most hectic one so far. It went alright and my results were well meh because I am not a very good academic writer (*surprise surprise*). Finally, it was also the month I fell sick again (didn't lose voice this time though! yey! 

All in all the year has been a learning experience (not like they say in award ceremonies but genuinely both academically and otherwise), a pretty sad (like aww sad not what bad luck sad) to the point that I don't feel like talking about it. It has also been a year of 'the world going to the dogs' in a big sense (and by this I mean in a worldly sense). But oh well, like the human race we do well in dog races. And this too shall pass. We will get through stronger although probably not any wiser. And on a personal front, giving up on several aspects of life does help. For now only a billion goals (as opposed to the original zillion). On that note, hope all of you have been well. Hope 2017 brings with it cheer, happiness and the much needed laughter into people's lives. I cannot say if I am going to be blogging properly again but until I do. Be well and smile :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.