Skip to main content

God(s), religion and beliefs.

I believe in a greater power. 
I believe if there is a universe, there had to be a power who made it.
I also don't mind people who do not believe in it because my beliefs are mine and no one else's.

I believe in a Shakti, in a Sanamahi, in Mother Mary, in the Guru granth Sahib, in the tenets of Buddhism and in many stories of the Bible. However, I always will cause myself a 'Hindu' because it is convenient. It is convenient because, it lets me believe that your god(dess) is mine too. Even if you don't believe that your God allows that.

I also believe that sinners are not made by their following or not following of a religion or God but by their own behaviour when alive. You may go to temples, church, mosques gurudwaras. You may or may not eat a certain animal, or a certain type of meat but your humanity depends on how you behave to another human being. 

We as human beings are selfish, whether we like it or not. However, I do not understand this nature when it comes to religion. Yes, you were born into it or chose to adopt it, but will you have it when you die? Does anyone know what will happen to us when we die? Yes, we do know how people might feel after we are gone, but that is only people who are alive.

I read somewhere that the Netherlands believes in 'people should be free to choose how they live, what they do etc. as long as they don't hurt or cause harm to others'. If I ever move, I'd like to move to a nation which has such a belief. Not divisions based on the religion, food habits, sexuality or gender. 

A dear friend of mine, told me that I sounded as if I am unhappy in my current city. Of course, I did write to her when I was missing home and just moved to a new city. And this new city, which I love for its city lights and 24hour public transport, convenience stores is a capital city. And any capital city has the ability to divide people, to make them stop interacting with each other. But thankfully for me, I have had friends here who have seen me through my worst and chosen not to run away. 

However, the last ten days have been particularly overwhelming because I've been stopped on the road, in the subway, while getting off the bus, on campus and gave my number to random strangers. (My brain does not work well in the night, and these instances happened between late evening to late night) And most often it has lead to people trying to come to their Church, or a bible study group or come to a meet related to their religion.

Growing up in a city where so many religions co-exist and mingle, where we are odd if we don't have friends (and even family) from other religions or no religion, it angers me when I have to talk about my religion. My religion or the lack of it, my god or lack of him/her is in the words of Sita Mahalakshmi in Godavari 'adi na personal'. 

Apart from these dramatic happenings of religious madness, everything has been alright. I decided this year will be a better one that last year. I will be a stronger person. I will be who I am. I will be the person who takes care of people because I like to. I will be the one who loves going to class because I get to learn something new. I will love people even if they think I am crazy and mental (especially when they realise my age). I will be me because that's what makes me happy. They can try, but cannot get to me

Comments

SSK said…
You know that I pretty much agree with everything you say, which is why I also don't like much to talk about my beliefs, or lack thereof, as they may be.

And yes to the Netherlands - although in my case it is also Norway. :)

But: I am so glad you like Sita Mahalakshmi from Godavari, too! This is one of those moments where I am reminded of why we are such good friends, and it makes me happy. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.