Skip to main content

Life aims

Dear Reader,

Do you have life aims?

No I am not talking about 'ambitions' or 'goals'. I am talking about what you strive to achieve through your actions, what you want when you are nearing your last breath in life. 

For the longest time now, I have had mainly one (and several smaller ones of course) such aim. It is live and not, both with no or minimal regrets. So far, I have done my best to achieve that. Sometime, when I am just about to fall asleep I ask myself  ' Do you regret something?' So far, there have been only two regrets in life, one not giving a blanket to someone when that person kept saying she felt cold and secondly was not knowing earlier about a dear friend.  But the first incident taught me further that I should never have such regrets ever again, even if it means yelling or fighting or crying in front of someone. 

And the second incident, I did not have any control about. I have spoke about it enough, I don't regret things like 'not being in touch' because I did my best, I even met her whenever both of us were in the same city. She did not like it otherwise I would probably gone and visited her. But if only I knew she was gone, I could have been there for her parents and shared their heartache, just a little. Such things, make me realise how impersonal technology is and that is the reason I don't care too much about 'SNS' (I'm not comparing but I have been consistent about that for a long time now and I like myself more for it). I rather email people or write letters or call them. I may not do that often, but when I do, you know I am talking to you and not to your 'cute display picture' or 'funny forward' or 'nice status message'.One fine day when I get around to it (or bother logging into), I MAY actually go off web more than ever but I think even that needs time. And I have more real world things to do in that time.

And to be fair I have another 'almost regret' but that I only think of when the going gets very very tough and wonder if that would have been an easy way out. But when I get sober I know I made correct decisions. 


Especially since life is so very short, even in the future, I will strive to live a life without regrets,

How about you dear person?

What are you life aims? Care to share? I would like to learn from you.

-From the lamp of the East
Yours,
Reefknot


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.