I do not intend to make any puns on the theatre but this refers to a 18year old case that recently got its final verdict. When I first read about the Uphaar fire tragedy, I thought that our so called system would live upto to the challenge eventually. But recently, after its final verdict, I once again have my doubts.
When will we start realising the importance of life as opposed to money? When will we realise that justice cannot be measured in money. Emotions, trauma, lives lost, time lost must all be taken into picture. 60 crores and a few months of prison 'already served' will make no difference in the Ansals' lives. Neither will it make any difference in the lives of the victims and the families of the deceased.
I am no expert but reading facts about the case make me wonder as to when our country will revolt. Things are brewing and boiling, and unless simmered it would lead to overflowing of emotions and anger. If people are not passified fairly things are going to be more out of hand than they already are.
When will we start realising the importance of life as opposed to money? When will we realise that justice cannot be measured in money. Emotions, trauma, lives lost, time lost must all be taken into picture. 60 crores and a few months of prison 'already served' will make no difference in the Ansals' lives. Neither will it make any difference in the lives of the victims and the families of the deceased.
I am no expert but reading facts about the case make me wonder as to when our country will revolt. Things are brewing and boiling, and unless simmered it would lead to overflowing of emotions and anger. If people are not passified fairly things are going to be more out of hand than they already are.
Comments