Yesterday, a friend was wearing a t-shirt with 'MCMXCVIII' on it. And I was like 'How much is that' and pat came the reply '1998' (I would have calculated if I was not distracted by a dear American friend trying to jot down all the States of the US).
And that took me back to the time we worst learnt Roman numerals as to how fascinated we were by them. Okay, maybe it was just me. I love(d) mathematics. Although I found the classes fairly boring.
But I remember when we were first introduced to the world of xyz! I wondered why were there letters amidst numbers and voila it made sense.
My love for x grew with the solutions it provided to many a maths problem. Even now, we use x is some basic math problems. God bless x. And atleast this way people used x a little more so thanks to maths too.
Just like life is made of several little, almost insignificant pearls of happiness that make up a imperfect but pretty necklace, this little xs and ys make our life easier without being seen too often.
So to all the Aryabhattas, Ramanujans, Bhaskars out there. Thank you.
And to all the school kids, FIGHTING! Its not as difficult as it may seem, just like life!:)
Comments
but anyways, didn't know that you like maths... oO and yea, about x and y, you could just use any other symbol, you know... :P (talk about hyderbadi PJs eh :) )