Skip to main content

Free food

When asked by our teacher for the semester as to what we had done over our last vacation (FYI: That was last week, we are back to vacation now) I said ate a lot of free food.

Through the course of the next class hour, I happened to take the example of free food atleast two more times. This lead the teacher to exclaim that 'Reefknot seems to love free food'. To which I said that 'who doesn't'. And the minute I said that (or lets say, everytime I say that) i realise of Hyderabadi I am. 

It will be a while until I find time to re-explore our every changing city but till then...the spirit is all I have.

Through college we always looked for that senior to 'treat us' or that poor friend who lost and found something as measely as pen landing up treating us. And more often than not, I managed to get fed. 
Often, they used to mention that they did not mind because I did not eat that much.

And thanks to the 'broad spectrum' of friends I have in the city I currently live in, including friends with various types of food restrictions, I am always offered free food (anything as small as a piece of candy to snacks to full meals). I've also met friends who respect my food choices and try not to get too hassled by it. 

To be fair, I have gotten to give my share of free food to some of my dear friends (is Tea counted as food? I seem to distributing a lot of it here)

A special mention to Mathur, PoPam Mich and Am, for all the food they sent me from overseas. And the last temple that fed us some simple but fulling food, for free.

Thats all for this post folks, have a good meal and many a  free one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.