Last night, while I was falling asleep after reading AJSong's post,I was wondering what would my next post be about.
B for Bethaal
Okay, technically not an English word, but a name. For those of you familiar with Indian folklore or DD of the 90s or Chandamamma or Grandparent's tales (all of which I was lucky enough to experience) you would know what I was talking about. But for those who don't, here is the story in brief:
Once there was a king called Vikram who was challenged by a Magician (Tantric) to bring a 'spirit' aka Vetala/Betaal. The king finds the spirit but the spirit comes along only on the condition that the king answers his questions at the end of every story narrated by the Betaal. If he does answer it, the Betaal goes back to the start and if he doesn't, the king dies.
At the end of the twenty fifth story, Betaal manages to baffle the king who remains speechless but is not killed by Betaal.The rest of the story is for you guys to find out.
Why did I think of this you ask?
Have you felt like sometimes life keeps brings you back to the same starting point over and over again? And that you have to move forward another trajectory each time? But yet you manage to come out of these paths and reach your goal, learning, experiencing new things, meeting people who teach you a lot on the way.
I'm going to a lot of starting points, points where I will know once more ( as Betaal in the form of life puts me through its tests) who my true friends and loved ones are. But I will come out stronger, a little sadder maybe but ultimately still happy.
For as the story goes, Vikram did become a stronger person in the end and Betaal ultimately became an ally of sorts.
As they say, all's well that end's well. As long as I fulfill all my wishes and do well, 'aal iz well'
Thats it for now folks, 'C you tomorrow'
Signing off from the same continent but another country- Reefknot
B for Bethaal
Okay, technically not an English word, but a name. For those of you familiar with Indian folklore or DD of the 90s or Chandamamma or Grandparent's tales (all of which I was lucky enough to experience) you would know what I was talking about. But for those who don't, here is the story in brief:
Once there was a king called Vikram who was challenged by a Magician (Tantric) to bring a 'spirit' aka Vetala/Betaal. The king finds the spirit but the spirit comes along only on the condition that the king answers his questions at the end of every story narrated by the Betaal. If he does answer it, the Betaal goes back to the start and if he doesn't, the king dies.
At the end of the twenty fifth story, Betaal manages to baffle the king who remains speechless but is not killed by Betaal.The rest of the story is for you guys to find out.
Why did I think of this you ask?
Have you felt like sometimes life keeps brings you back to the same starting point over and over again? And that you have to move forward another trajectory each time? But yet you manage to come out of these paths and reach your goal, learning, experiencing new things, meeting people who teach you a lot on the way.
I'm going to a lot of starting points, points where I will know once more ( as Betaal in the form of life puts me through its tests) who my true friends and loved ones are. But I will come out stronger, a little sadder maybe but ultimately still happy.
For as the story goes, Vikram did become a stronger person in the end and Betaal ultimately became an ally of sorts.
As they say, all's well that end's well. As long as I fulfill all my wishes and do well, 'aal iz well'
Thats it for now folks, 'C you tomorrow'
Signing off from the same continent but another country- Reefknot
Comments