Hangaroo.
Hang man.
Taboo.
Dumb Charades.
Scrabble.
What do these have in common you ask (alright you don't, but I cannot thing of any other way of starting this post alright, so let it go let it go let it go ...Er..wrong time to start thought bulb-ing a song Reef,get back to the post) Apart from me being fabulous at them (Oh well okay, not all of them) they are all forms of word games.
But nothing can beat the oldest of the games i.e. something we played from when we were really little.
NAME- PLACE -ANIMAL- THING.
And there are certain 'Red Letters' of the alphabet while playing this game. Mainly Q,X.
While since names can actually be made up that leaves as with the rest of the categories. For places the most written answer is 'Queensland'. Its the Animal and thing that leaves a lot of people including me stranded. Since even BIRDS are counted as ANIMALS for this game I usually write Quail.And ONLY because I liked reading classics and later Harry Potter, the thing I write is Quill. Of course, I have not played this game with whom I grew up playing it with (TAG) for a long time now. Although I do tend to spread the madness (so much that as seen in the hostel people seem to play it even when I am not around) and love it.
I managed to bakrafy saner people like Batty, Nagi and Pooj, bored people like Nagi (yes, again), Toffeebitten and her sister etc. Here, Melo,Ree, Surb-Stu,Bids have all been very loyal and fun bakras. I guess this is one game I'll never tire of and maybe not stop playing unless I officially lose my mind in late(r) years of life.
And finally, if ANYONE who comes across this post knows any more words with Q please feel free to comment or mail.
The Game:
So most of us know the rules of the game. But for those who were either too 'non wordy' or too smart and never played the game, here is how you play the game:
Game is for Two to more players
1. Give a piece of paper and pen/pencil to all the players
2. Pick who's turn comes first
3. Yell/shout out(yes you can just call out, but what fun is that): Start
4. The player (is supposed to) start(s) thinking of the alphabet in order (A B C....Z)
5. Yell/shout out : Stop
6.The player (is supposed to) call out the letter he/she stops at. (Example: You start with A and at 'stop' suppose you are thinking 'L' you call out that letter)
7. All the players, including the one who called out the 'Letter of the round' put their pens to paper and write Name,Place,Animal and thing that start with that letter
8.Whoever finishes first starts a countdown (Tick tick one,tick tick two and so on till ten)
9. Each Player (usually start from the person who called out the 'letter of the round') then reads out whatever he or she has written.
10. If two of them have written the same name place etc. they score 5 points, otherwise each gets 10.
11.The game goes on till all the letters are completed
ADDITIONAL fun:
Is when you are a mad person like me and complicate the game more by adding categories like :
NAME-PLACE-ANIMAL-THING-MOVIE-WORD-SONG-SHOW (btw, SHOW I just added, I guess I should try it the next time)
Hang man.
Taboo.
Dumb Charades.
Scrabble.
What do these have in common you ask (alright you don't, but I cannot thing of any other way of starting this post alright, so let it go let it go let it go ...Er..wrong time to start thought bulb-ing a song Reef,get back to the post) Apart from me being fabulous at them (Oh well okay, not all of them) they are all forms of word games.
But nothing can beat the oldest of the games i.e. something we played from when we were really little.
NAME- PLACE -ANIMAL- THING.
And there are certain 'Red Letters' of the alphabet while playing this game. Mainly Q,X.
While since names can actually be made up that leaves as with the rest of the categories. For places the most written answer is 'Queensland'. Its the Animal and thing that leaves a lot of people including me stranded. Since even BIRDS are counted as ANIMALS for this game I usually write Quail.And ONLY because I liked reading classics and later Harry Potter, the thing I write is Quill. Of course, I have not played this game with whom I grew up playing it with (TAG) for a long time now. Although I do tend to spread the madness (so much that as seen in the hostel people seem to play it even when I am not around) and love it.
I managed to bakrafy saner people like Batty, Nagi and Pooj, bored people like Nagi (yes, again), Toffeebitten and her sister etc. Here, Melo,Ree, Surb-Stu,Bids have all been very loyal and fun bakras. I guess this is one game I'll never tire of and maybe not stop playing unless I officially lose my mind in late(r) years of life.
And finally, if ANYONE who comes across this post knows any more words with Q please feel free to comment or mail.
The Game:
So most of us know the rules of the game. But for those who were either too 'non wordy' or too smart and never played the game, here is how you play the game:
Game is for Two to more players
1. Give a piece of paper and pen/pencil to all the players
2. Pick who's turn comes first
3. Yell/shout out(yes you can just call out, but what fun is that): Start
4. The player (is supposed to) start(s) thinking of the alphabet in order (A B C....Z)
5. Yell/shout out : Stop
6.The player (is supposed to) call out the letter he/she stops at. (Example: You start with A and at 'stop' suppose you are thinking 'L' you call out that letter)
7. All the players, including the one who called out the 'Letter of the round' put their pens to paper and write Name,Place,Animal and thing that start with that letter
8.Whoever finishes first starts a countdown (Tick tick one,tick tick two and so on till ten)
9. Each Player (usually start from the person who called out the 'letter of the round') then reads out whatever he or she has written.
10. If two of them have written the same name place etc. they score 5 points, otherwise each gets 10.
11.The game goes on till all the letters are completed
ADDITIONAL fun:
Is when you are a mad person like me and complicate the game more by adding categories like :
NAME-PLACE-ANIMAL-THING-MOVIE-WORD-SONG-SHOW (btw, SHOW I just added, I guess I should try it the next time)
Comments