Skip to main content

Doctored with patience.Part 1

By now,most of the people I consider as good friends know that I have come to dislike hospitals.

When I was little I wanted to become a doctor (also a dancer,a pianist,a singer,a painter,a lawyer and a traveller but somehow the doctor bit is what people remember)
Over the years,I wondered what it took to become and be a doctor.My earliest memory of going to a doctor was when we went for our vaccination shots and the doctor had such a happy face,that i don't really remember the injections.

And then we progressed to going to a friend of Chitti (who was a doctor) whenever we had the occassional fever or stomach ache.Okay,for me it was more than occassional.And then of course, came the time I spent a week in a hospital.That is when I realised that doctors can be patient and inspiring,sometimes even silly. During my stay I became friends with not only the Surgeon,Peadiatrician,Duty Doctors (one of whom started borrowing comic books from me,thankfully she did return ALL of them) but also the lovely nurses.I even had one favourite nurse (I sadly don't remember her name,I think it started with an S,or maybe not) and a least favourite nurse.I think it was during this time I decided that I will henceforth avoid Telugu nurses (because of the latter nurse). Even after I was discharged,I kept going back for a few more times for follow ups.And my doctors were simply splendid.As a kid,I was generally quiet.Especially in front of new people.So the fact that I could talk to them and that they were so accessible and friendly really helped.Not only during the 'ill period' but also in general.

Apparently,I upset a LOT of people when I got admitted (Well the doctors I guess got a little dramatic,so I guess it was understandable).I only remember from day two (or maybe it was the midnight of day one) when I was put in a 'shared room' which had a partition. The kid (who was smaller than me) had brain fever and later passed away. I felt so terrible that time,I wondered why children had to be put through such times, I still remember the women near his/her bed.I felt really bad for them.Then I saw my mom beside my bed and felt better.Even at that time I thought of the doctors and especially the nurses,it might take so much of their 'being' to have the strength to see death in so many forms,on such a regular basis.

They were six more times I visted hospitals after that,but all to visit not-so-ill patients.So I didn't really have any special memories associated with those visits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.