Yes,Queasy.
That's how i remember feeling when a friend told me about how some worker who had come to do some repairs at home treated her,I was eight.I did not understand but I still felt awful and very bad for my friend.She,did not tell people at home.I do not talk to that girl anymore,but it had to do with growing up with other interests.At that point she was a close friend,whose house I went to for every birthday party.
Queasy.
I have had/still do some friends whom I can talk about anything under the sun.From crushes,to craziness ordeals,to complaints and wishes.Everything.Among my school friends,i have two such friends.Though they may not know me as well as some others,my school friends know my basic self,the un-altering angry-crazy core self.And even the good parts.One of these friends,I was talking to about child abuse and how there is no adjective to describe how i feel about it.Horrendous maybe but that seems too simple too.And then,this friend (whom at that point I knew for just about a decade) told me how when she was four or five,she faced this on a bus while her parents sat in the front.Some passerby told her parents something like 'What a cute kid' leading to the parents passing their kid to him.My friend, did not know what was happening.She told me she never told her parents that and for that matter to anyone else.
Queasy.
Another dear friend,whom I met in college who was older to me,told me about ordeals she had to deal with when she had to live at an uncle's house.Her parents where in another country and she had to complete her schooling so she had to live there.So another relative who frequented there,gave her scars that I can only pray are faded.When she was getting married,she was worried about how much anger she'd have to control to face that person.She told her then fiancé and he was a pillar for her.I am relieved when I see her smile inspite of all the things she faced.
Queasy.
A so called wretched family friend who tried to make a pass at a dear cousin.I do not know the details,but I want to wring the person's neck the next time I run into him.I pray that such people should not have children.For so many reasons.
Queasy
Another close friend,again the kind I used to talk a lot to and a lot about and me were talking about children's safety.I always knew the dysfunctional background he was from and the childhood which was not particularly spectacular.And among one of the memories he has to live with is the one he left alone with a house help,a young boy who later invited someone else over. That night, this friend who was not even ten, I believe,shaped a lot of his characteristics and defences.
And today,
I read another friend's blog, whom I've know for more than ten years now. I thank her and applaud her for having the courage to speak up.Speaking up helps,I think.Always. I wish she had someone around her whom she could lean towards.I am glad she finally wrote about it. SSK,I am proud of you.
I still feel queasy when I think of these incidents.
I do not entirely blame the parents but there has to be more awareness among children,yes.
I am also so dearly thankful for my grandmom,who was like the great wall of China for us,for all things bad.That's where her daughters get it from,and I'm grateful for it.
I've had the occasional eerie experience but overall I'm so appreciative for not having go through the worst!
That's how i remember feeling when a friend told me about how some worker who had come to do some repairs at home treated her,I was eight.I did not understand but I still felt awful and very bad for my friend.She,did not tell people at home.I do not talk to that girl anymore,but it had to do with growing up with other interests.At that point she was a close friend,whose house I went to for every birthday party.
Queasy.
I have had/still do some friends whom I can talk about anything under the sun.From crushes,to craziness ordeals,to complaints and wishes.Everything.Among my school friends,i have two such friends.Though they may not know me as well as some others,my school friends know my basic self,the un-altering angry-crazy core self.And even the good parts.One of these friends,I was talking to about child abuse and how there is no adjective to describe how i feel about it.Horrendous maybe but that seems too simple too.And then,this friend (whom at that point I knew for just about a decade) told me how when she was four or five,she faced this on a bus while her parents sat in the front.Some passerby told her parents something like 'What a cute kid' leading to the parents passing their kid to him.My friend, did not know what was happening.She told me she never told her parents that and for that matter to anyone else.
Queasy.
Another dear friend,whom I met in college who was older to me,told me about ordeals she had to deal with when she had to live at an uncle's house.Her parents where in another country and she had to complete her schooling so she had to live there.So another relative who frequented there,gave her scars that I can only pray are faded.When she was getting married,she was worried about how much anger she'd have to control to face that person.She told her then fiancé and he was a pillar for her.I am relieved when I see her smile inspite of all the things she faced.
Queasy.
A so called wretched family friend who tried to make a pass at a dear cousin.I do not know the details,but I want to wring the person's neck the next time I run into him.I pray that such people should not have children.For so many reasons.
Queasy
Another close friend,again the kind I used to talk a lot to and a lot about and me were talking about children's safety.I always knew the dysfunctional background he was from and the childhood which was not particularly spectacular.And among one of the memories he has to live with is the one he left alone with a house help,a young boy who later invited someone else over. That night, this friend who was not even ten, I believe,shaped a lot of his characteristics and defences.
And today,
I read another friend's blog, whom I've know for more than ten years now. I thank her and applaud her for having the courage to speak up.Speaking up helps,I think.Always. I wish she had someone around her whom she could lean towards.I am glad she finally wrote about it. SSK,I am proud of you.
I still feel queasy when I think of these incidents.
I do not entirely blame the parents but there has to be more awareness among children,yes.
I am also so dearly thankful for my grandmom,who was like the great wall of China for us,for all things bad.That's where her daughters get it from,and I'm grateful for it.
I've had the occasional eerie experience but overall I'm so appreciative for not having go through the worst!
Comments