Intellectual: A person possessing a highly developed intellect.
Intellect: The faculty of reasoning and understanding objectively, esp. with regard to abstract or academic matters.
I am a smart person.Even if I say so myself.But,there is a small catch.I am not at all smart in most matters of the world.I flunked papers in school and college.I only did well academically (very well in fact,unintentionally) only during my university years.This was probably because our course was 50% practical and 50% theoretical.Even there,I almost never got an A for theoretical courses.I genuinely thought I would flunk in a paper called Developmental Communication because of many reasons.(A.The teacher disliked me immensely. B.I was lost in the first two months (read more than half the semester) because of the jargon used in class.In fact I looked up the word jargon in the first week of the semester because everyone seemed to be used the word (Ha,Now I use it too!).
But,inspite of my so called 'experiences' which in my opinion account for almost nothing,I am not a 'deep' thinker. My attention span can be very short if more than one sentence is made of words I cannot get a grasp on.And I do not understand why something must be exaggerated to beyond belief.(This even though AGB my dear sibling has this wonderful quality.:P)
Speaking of her,she was the reason I was wondering about all of this.She has these amazing set of academic people among her friends.And they talk about things I cannot even begin to comprehend.Theories,facts and what not! And they can actually make sense of what each other say! Actually,even Miti dearest is like this.But like AGB,thats only one dimension to her.I wonder which part of your brain needs to work better for you to understand such things and translate such thoughts into papers and research.AGB almost pounced at me because she thought I heard to a certain lecture till the end till I told her otherwise.I'm glad Other-AG is someone she can actually have these conversations like this.Probably another reason why Other-AG and me only have monotonous conversations.I really don't have much to say to him and him to me.But,it is still nice to have him as part of our mad mad family.
On the other hand,I am smart at things like Surprises,secrets,to an extent bargaining.Thats about it.I don't understand things about life like these intellectuals do.And,probably this is my main mental block, lack of confidence and reason for something I have not done/been unsuccessful at for the past almost six years.I doubt if I'll ever do that now.Really!
Right now,I feel I'd be more than grateful if I can finish reading whatever little I am reading and understand the same.That is intellect enough for me.I think!
Intellect: The faculty of reasoning and understanding objectively, esp. with regard to abstract or academic matters.
I am a smart person.Even if I say so myself.But,there is a small catch.I am not at all smart in most matters of the world.I flunked papers in school and college.I only did well academically (very well in fact,unintentionally) only during my university years.This was probably because our course was 50% practical and 50% theoretical.Even there,I almost never got an A for theoretical courses.I genuinely thought I would flunk in a paper called Developmental Communication because of many reasons.(A.The teacher disliked me immensely. B.I was lost in the first two months (read more than half the semester) because of the jargon used in class.In fact I looked up the word jargon in the first week of the semester because everyone seemed to be used the word (Ha,Now I use it too!).
But,inspite of my so called 'experiences' which in my opinion account for almost nothing,I am not a 'deep' thinker. My attention span can be very short if more than one sentence is made of words I cannot get a grasp on.And I do not understand why something must be exaggerated to beyond belief.(This even though AGB my dear sibling has this wonderful quality.:P)
Speaking of her,she was the reason I was wondering about all of this.She has these amazing set of academic people among her friends.And they talk about things I cannot even begin to comprehend.Theories,facts and what not! And they can actually make sense of what each other say! Actually,even Miti dearest is like this.But like AGB,thats only one dimension to her.I wonder which part of your brain needs to work better for you to understand such things and translate such thoughts into papers and research.AGB almost pounced at me because she thought I heard to a certain lecture till the end till I told her otherwise.I'm glad Other-AG is someone she can actually have these conversations like this.Probably another reason why Other-AG and me only have monotonous conversations.I really don't have much to say to him and him to me.But,it is still nice to have him as part of our mad mad family.
On the other hand,I am smart at things like Surprises,secrets,to an extent bargaining.Thats about it.I don't understand things about life like these intellectuals do.And,probably this is my main mental block, lack of confidence and reason for something I have not done/been unsuccessful at for the past almost six years.I doubt if I'll ever do that now.Really!
Right now,I feel I'd be more than grateful if I can finish reading whatever little I am reading and understand the same.That is intellect enough for me.I think!
Comments