Skip to main content

5/28

The
Gifts
of Magi

I love receiving gifts.But even more,I love well thought out gifts.They needn't be big or costly.They just need to be considerate.

This year Sibling#2 (as an early birthday gift!)gave me a sand timer,which had a nice memory attached to it.Its small, colourful, beautiful and I smile every time I see it.
I on the other hand really meant to buy her some good cake,but did not do that.Apologies.

Last year,I got books from Mahadev.She made my year.She gave me a book on my birthday and three in April.Aah,the smell of wonderful books.I have yet to find a her a decent copy of a book I told her I'd buy years ago! I WILL do this.Readers,ask me in a year and If I still did not do this,disown me.

Mahadev, Sib#1  gave me very nice earrings last year.Oh,if you know me and don't know about my earrings.Eh,shame on you? :P No,just kidding. I just love earrings.Apart from books,bags the thing(s) that I don't get tired of are earrings. (Bags comes a close second,considering I don't have place for them right now)

AGB,MichL have given me digital photo keychains in the past.I don't use them as keychains,but use them.But out of a certain sentimental reason,I refrain from using Mich's too often.Very considerate gifts,I really hope they weren't costly.

In ninth class,I was genuinely trying to get up earlier to study.Considering I was the world's most non studious person, this took more effort for me than the average person.(Not the getting up early but the getting up early to study). I used to use the phone to set an alarm because we did not have a working alarm at home. And I used to run out of the bedroom to answer the phone so that no one else would wake up. And by the end of the week,Ammamma made Suryanarayana Tata but me an alarm clock at the Army Canteen and gifted it to me.I did not ask for it.But I am always grateful for this.I still have the alarm clock on my cupboard, even though it stopped working ages ago.

I know love,affection and care cannot be solely shown through materialistic things,but so much can be said about people according to them.Aah,sentimental post this.


Comments

Shalini Mahadev said…
:-P I see a change .... :-)
A G said…
Chillar person you are re,thats why change you see :P

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.