Why I soon might become a notorious person/Why I am soon be banned from my family/Why people may soon stop claiming to know me
I do things on a whim.Although,on the whole I am a spectacularly lazy person.
-While we were coming back from college in intermediate (eh,I used to sit at on the school children's special seat on the auto) I asked a person driving a big vehicle (something like a scorpio,don't remember the exact vehicle,I call them Jeep type cars.) whether he was mad,very politely.Reason: It was a red signal at police lines and this person was honking non stop,pointlessly.
See,In Hyd,if there is no pointless honking,you should be worried.But this was a little too much.
-While walking back home once,I took out a two rupee coin and gave it to an fifty-sixty something man.Reason: He stopped and was about to pee,he put his grand daughter down and was about to do this.In my marredpally,on our street! So I gave him the two rupees and told him that the nearest public toilets were two minutes away.He was a well dressed person,so it wasn't even a thing he couldn't afford or sorts.Poor chap,apologised and walked away
-I most often fight with auto-guys because of auto-charges.Considering,I have not been using my own money,I feel very guilty spending more that required.So,well.One one such an instance,the auto guy told me 'alright,if you think my metre is wrong,don't pay me' this after getting home.So I said 'Okay,and came upstairs' a few minutes later the auto guy came up and apologised taking the actual/apt fare.My mom was genuinely upset that day,she worried for me because the auto guy now knew where I lived (aah,talk about watchmen and dumbness)
-Another day,while I was walking home a school van was standing and right in front of me,the driver ate and just threw the newspaper and packet on the footpath.I picked it up,gave it to him and told him where the closest dustbin was.Mind you,that dust bin is not very great,but something is better than nothing.And once more, while walking with PoPa to her place, a girl threw a parle-g unopened packet,I picked it up and started to follow her,she then threw a water bottle packet.I picked even that.Then I caught up with her,she told me she did that because she thought someone who needed it will pick it up! Really! Where was she from? (Eh,I think I asked her that...sorry girlie) I gave her the water bottle and parle-g packet and told her directions to the temple which always had alm-seekers sitting near it.
Last night,I saw a man about to peeing on the road back home,I would have probably given him a piece of my mind but I already had my day's share.The auto I was travelling in had a terrible metre,which I told the auto guy,Half the time,when you know that it is a bad metre,and tell the auto guy nicely,he atleast does not snap at you and accepts whatever you give him.This works only in routes you travel often and know the fare by heart.But,nope this was not one of those times.The auto guy mocked my 'correct price' and told me to get off,saying I shouldn't pay at all if that was the case.So I got of at station and told him 'Theek hai,aap hi boley na ki nakko do karkey' and walked off.Well, now my back ache from yesterday has gotten a tad bit worse,but it was worth it.
When I am old or helpless I will have to walk the ways of the world,but in my small, very small way I will try to fight.Even if it does not make sense to other people.Even if it is not much in the bigger picture.Even if it will not mean anything.For this is what my cowardly self can do.I wish I had more guts,to do bigger things.I wish I will force myself to do things better.I will try.:)
I do things on a whim.Although,on the whole I am a spectacularly lazy person.
-While we were coming back from college in intermediate (eh,I used to sit at on the school children's special seat on the auto) I asked a person driving a big vehicle (something like a scorpio,don't remember the exact vehicle,I call them Jeep type cars.) whether he was mad,very politely.Reason: It was a red signal at police lines and this person was honking non stop,pointlessly.
See,In Hyd,if there is no pointless honking,you should be worried.But this was a little too much.
-While walking back home once,I took out a two rupee coin and gave it to an fifty-sixty something man.Reason: He stopped and was about to pee,he put his grand daughter down and was about to do this.In my marredpally,on our street! So I gave him the two rupees and told him that the nearest public toilets were two minutes away.He was a well dressed person,so it wasn't even a thing he couldn't afford or sorts.Poor chap,apologised and walked away
-I most often fight with auto-guys because of auto-charges.Considering,I have not been using my own money,I feel very guilty spending more that required.So,well.One one such an instance,the auto guy told me 'alright,if you think my metre is wrong,don't pay me' this after getting home.So I said 'Okay,and came upstairs' a few minutes later the auto guy came up and apologised taking the actual/apt fare.My mom was genuinely upset that day,she worried for me because the auto guy now knew where I lived (aah,talk about watchmen and dumbness)
-Another day,while I was walking home a school van was standing and right in front of me,the driver ate and just threw the newspaper and packet on the footpath.I picked it up,gave it to him and told him where the closest dustbin was.Mind you,that dust bin is not very great,but something is better than nothing.And once more, while walking with PoPa to her place, a girl threw a parle-g unopened packet,I picked it up and started to follow her,she then threw a water bottle packet.I picked even that.Then I caught up with her,she told me she did that because she thought someone who needed it will pick it up! Really! Where was she from? (Eh,I think I asked her that...sorry girlie) I gave her the water bottle and parle-g packet and told her directions to the temple which always had alm-seekers sitting near it.
Last night,I saw a man about to peeing on the road back home,I would have probably given him a piece of my mind but I already had my day's share.The auto I was travelling in had a terrible metre,which I told the auto guy,Half the time,when you know that it is a bad metre,and tell the auto guy nicely,he atleast does not snap at you and accepts whatever you give him.This works only in routes you travel often and know the fare by heart.But,nope this was not one of those times.The auto guy mocked my 'correct price' and told me to get off,saying I shouldn't pay at all if that was the case.So I got of at station and told him 'Theek hai,aap hi boley na ki nakko do karkey' and walked off.Well, now my back ache from yesterday has gotten a tad bit worse,but it was worth it.
When I am old or helpless I will have to walk the ways of the world,but in my small, very small way I will try to fight.Even if it does not make sense to other people.Even if it is not much in the bigger picture.Even if it will not mean anything.For this is what my cowardly self can do.I wish I had more guts,to do bigger things.I wish I will force myself to do things better.I will try.:)
Comments