Skip to main content

25/28

I like Summers.Especially the summer nights.More so the breeze during summer nights.

Sadly though,Its not even March and summer is already here.In fact,it has been here for almost ten days now.I feel bad that the season in India,which when we children were so demarcated are now haywire.
I used to loved Hyderabadi winters,but somehow we no longer seem to have such Winters in most parts of the city. (places like UoH,Lingampally,BHEL have winters pretty decent as opposed to concrete jungled parts of the city.)

I know it all comes down to global warming,I know my stance in that regard.But,that is not what this post is about.Its about summers.

Nights,Mangos,Lime Juice (unlimited), Avakai (okay,alright that is Mango again,but hey,thats a different form),Sunrises,Sunsets,Ugadi, Vacation-nostalgia.I don't know if this would change few year later (the taste,not the summer) but I will always love these things about Summer!


Comments

I try recalling the *last* real cold winter I experienced in Hyderabad.

Hyderabad seems to experience all these vagaries of weather when I am out of town. Stuff like *record rainfall*, *record heat*, *extreme chill*


I probably was too close to the city to realize whenever this happened. I have spent considerable time in Bangalore but no, it is Hyderabad that I want to recollect things about. What happened, what all did we experience in Hyderabad when we were growing up, or fairly grown up BEFORE IT GOT VULGARLY AMERICANIZED TO THE POINT OF LOSING A PART OF ITS IDENTITY, BEFORE WE GOT TOLD WHAT WAS COOL AND WHAT WAS NOT.

So, I end up recalling all the years before 2003, and between 2005-2007. What we wore, what we ate, where we hung out, who we hung out with ( thank you!), what our thoughts were, however naive.


Sorry for hijacking and doing a mini entry in your comment box. Gosh, I should go back, clean up *my* house before I litter others' regularly updated, and clean spaces.
I hope the comment above is in tune with your post. If not, apologies!
A G said…
I think it is actually an extention of my thoughts.And yes,go clean your house.four months ago it keeps telling me.I protest,even if I don't have the right to!

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.