Skip to main content

Footprints

What I both like and dislike about life,is that fact that it brings up the past and it is unpredictable.

Yesterday,somebody whom I am not close to,but I do remember fondly,made my day.Just by one thought,one memory.I had a 'Its a Wonderful Life' moment.

A year ago,I met a junior of mine LM.She is not pursuing a course at a well known institute in Pune and hopes to become an ace in her field some day.I have complete faith in her,I know she will make it big.I hope the best for her.She has always been a step ahead of a lot of people around her,whether she knows it or not.Now,in case you are wondering where I come into the picture.Apparently,I taught her the basics of what lead her to take up this course,sat all night so that she understood it and then she realised it was this area that she wanted to pursue.

I remember helping others,but I didn't really remember this until she brought it up.Even after she did,the memory is only vague to me,but to her it is vivid.I have been proud of her knowing her,but at that one instance,she made my day.

Then,yesterday,someone from school put up pics on facebook.I was happy to see that she got some awards and her parents seemed so proud.She was a school classmate,not a friend but with school classmates,unless they are on 'the other side' they are your friends (and not just merely acquaintances).So,i 'liked it'.The pics made me imagine what a calm teacher she'd be.

After a while I get a message from her 'I don't know if you remember this,but on SG Day,you told me 'You'll make a good teacher' and today I'm on the verge of fulfilling that dream.Thank you.'She thoroughly made my day.

Dear Universe,I REALLY did not realise that I actually had this much presence in other people's lives.I fail to recognise this,sincerely.These two incidents overwhelmed me in a very nice way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.