So as ever,I'm back to getting nostaligic about something.
This time,its a repetion of sorts,but not entirely.
Doordarshan and DD Metro.
For all of us who know how the antenna and terrestrial television works,we know whom to give credit to.Apun ka DD who else! Without whom we wouldn't have made human chains 'Has it come? No.Now? No?Has it come Na.NOW?No.Now?Nope.Ok wait.Pass me that wire.Ok,now check.Haan came off,chalo get down.Programme is about to start.And finally we sit in front of the Television waiting.Of course,this did not happen EVERY single day.But it did happen.
But Oh how we were fascinated! Two shows which I always waited for were Crossword hosted by Kitu Gidwani.Where just like the name suggests,the participants,were made to solve a crossword.They could opt for getting easy or cryptic clues and got scored accordingly.Even though,I did not know most of the words,this entire deal fascinated me.So many clues would lead to one word,solving the puzzle a little more and making it a step easier to slow the rest of the puzzle.And it was on TV!
And then there was Ank Ajube.I have been crazy about numbers and counting,since as long as I could remember.I am not a genius with maths,I just like it.So this was THE show for me,especially since it had questions I often knew answers to.It was great fun to watch.Of course it would have been incomplete without Shoonya and Benjamin Gilani.Viju and Shobha Khote only added to the entertainment quotient.
Words and numbers,sparkled and spoke.
Inspite of the bad production standards and quality of moving pictures,very few shows these days bit the intelligence standards,these programmes had.
This time,its a repetion of sorts,but not entirely.
Doordarshan and DD Metro.
For all of us who know how the antenna and terrestrial television works,we know whom to give credit to.Apun ka DD who else! Without whom we wouldn't have made human chains 'Has it come? No.Now? No?Has it come Na.NOW?No.Now?Nope.Ok wait.Pass me that wire.Ok,now check.Haan came off,chalo get down.Programme is about to start.And finally we sit in front of the Television waiting.Of course,this did not happen EVERY single day.But it did happen.
But Oh how we were fascinated! Two shows which I always waited for were Crossword hosted by Kitu Gidwani.Where just like the name suggests,the participants,were made to solve a crossword.They could opt for getting easy or cryptic clues and got scored accordingly.Even though,I did not know most of the words,this entire deal fascinated me.So many clues would lead to one word,solving the puzzle a little more and making it a step easier to slow the rest of the puzzle.And it was on TV!
And then there was Ank Ajube.I have been crazy about numbers and counting,since as long as I could remember.I am not a genius with maths,I just like it.So this was THE show for me,especially since it had questions I often knew answers to.It was great fun to watch.Of course it would have been incomplete without Shoonya and Benjamin Gilani.Viju and Shobha Khote only added to the entertainment quotient.
Words and numbers,sparkled and spoke.
Inspite of the bad production standards and quality of moving pictures,very few shows these days bit the intelligence standards,these programmes had.
Comments