Skip to main content

Oops!

All of us have 'embarassing' incidents in our life.
Of course,a lot of these,when we turn back and look,usually amuse us.

I remembered two such occassions today:
The first one,just makes me smile,whereas the second one,is known by very few people.

I was in third class,it was a second saturday (we had our parent-teacher meets on the second saturdays of every month).Mom and me had just gotten out of one classroom after meeting one teacher.As usual, we were talking about what the teacher said or something related to her class.So,I was talking to her and then asked her which teacher we should be meeting next.No reply.So i lift my head and see,I was walking away with some smile aunty whom i obviously amused.And then I turned back and looked,my mom was talking to someone near the class room we had just left.I haven't even told my mom this incident!

Cut to many years later.(Ok,so I won't give 'details).I wrote the wrong entrance exam.I wanted to apply to course X and landed up writing the entrance to course X1 which was bilingual.Half the paper was in English and the rest was in a language of unknown origin (Ok,so i DID recognise the language,but,really! How would i write an exam in it).It was only then i realised,i clicked the wrong button while applying online.

And well,of course i didn't get through the course!What did you expect?Some Manmohan Desai twist,where the English bit i wrote was enough to make me get through flying colours?But,ever since I do try and make an effort to concentrate on 'online' applications.Yes,I have still done absent minded things after this incident,but nothing can beat the 'dumbness' of this one.

Have you ever been embarassed?



In other news: The passport verification officer finally arrived today,almost five months after i got the call saying 'I am an hour away from your place'.And,PURE LUCK,Mahadev was home today.Aaaaand,we didn't 'tip' the officer.I think I am happiest about the third part!

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahaha hohoho lol... u r soo dumb... hahaha.... :P - a mr. corleone

Popular posts from this blog

Ni sultana rey,TAG ka mausam aaaya!

Daakiya tag laya ..tag laya Here Daakiya being Freezone . Using only song *titles* from one artist, cleverly answer these questions Don't know about clever,But here goes! I choose: Kishore Kumar (Humko tumse hogaya hai pyaar kya karen!) 1. Are you a male or female: Dreamgirl (Frozone SAME PINCH :D) 2. Describe yourself: Dil aaj Shayar Hai 3. How do you feel about yourself: Main hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo/Musafir hoon yaaron 4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Aisa kabhi hua nahi 5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Meet na mila re 6. Describe your current location: Nadiya se Dariya 7. Describe where you want to be: Kahin door jab din dal jaye 9. Your favorite color is: Neeley Neeley Ambar 10. You know : Yeh Jeevan Hai/ Har koi Chahta hai ek mutti aasman 11. What’s the weather like: Sama hai suhana 12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Paanch rupaiya, barah aana/Koi Roko na 13. What is life to you: Zindagi ek safar hai suhana/Chalte Chal...

Sicut Apis Operosa

Many more may come by this name: This being the first: Games we played at school Mud and Stone Red letter Word Elastic Seven Stones Five stones Soup macaroni farooni (...ham a cheese...ham a cheese...ham and sauce potato chip chip chip) London Statue I sent a letter to my father Chinese Knot Lock and Key Blind Man's Bluff Chits (this had various categories....Police chor etc etc) Name Place Animal Thing Poles Oranges and Lemons As we walk Cycling on school premises Jungle Jim (of course not forever...but still) Running and catching (tag for other people) Boxes(Dots) Tic Tac To Then there was Jolly Statue (Ring a ring a roses is in another category. ..i wonder whether the tradition of doing this in 10th classes on one of the last days still exits!! :) ) ......these are all i can remember right now

What should i do?tell (or dont)

See its like this,i've known her forever, whenever i've made references to her on this blog she's known it, after four years i'll be seeing some people who are a special part of my life, i would like to spend new years atleast this year with her....atleast this year... i wont and cannot tell her this to her face,she will get offended,she may not udnerstand my viewpoint, she will expect it of me,but wont get my view point still....... birthday,eve,n.yr...its ok if she's not there for mine....but i know what is going to happen.... though i cant help it...i will feel bad..... atb to her and all the goodness in the world. they'll not be that four again its true.... P.S:to her,please dont ask me about this.